Functional Medicine & Anti-Aging
Home / Functional Medicine & Anti-Aging /
Bloating treatment at AIG clinics Dubai
What is bloating?
Bloating can be described as feeling like you have an inflated balloon in your abdomen. This is a commonly reported symptom and may be associated with abdominal distension and a visible increase in the width of the area between the hips and chest (abdominal circumference).
Both gas and bloating cause discomfort, sometimes pain, and negatively affect the quality of life for some people. May be associated with other gas-related complaints such as gas (bloating) (and flatulence).
What are the possible causes of gas and bloating?
- Too much gas in the intestine
- Abnormal levels of bacteria in the small intestine (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth – SIBO)
- An imbalance in the microorganisms that normally live in the intestine (dysbacteriosis); sometimes as a result of taking antibiotics
- Food intolerance
- Increased awareness and sensitivity to what is happening in the digestive tract
- Increased curvature of the lumbar spine (lumbar lordosis), decreased ability of the abdomen to retain gas